I've seen many kids get embarrassed, hide, or even pout when all the attention is on them when the Happy Birthday song is being sung to them...I figure because all the sudden attention takes them by surprise. Well, if any child had been prepared for the event, it was Mary. Rebekah has been talking to her about her birthday coming for a month and increasingly so as it drew nearer. Mary has been talking about cake, balloons, candles and "buday" stuff regularly for the last couple of weeks, and Rebekah has been getting her to practice blowing out candles. Nonetheless, she buckled under the pressure. She endured the song, but refused to blow out the candles. We coaxed her and even tried all looking away, but she'd have nothing to do with it...even started pushing the cake away. Oh well, it's all good now. Just hours later she was already recalling the events with joy and smiles as if she blew those candles with all her might.
Punk rocker - birthday style




6 comments:
Who is that kid with the big-girl haircut??? It's precious, of course, but it caught me by surprise...she looks so much older!
She seemed pretty intent on opening her presents...couldn't even get a smile out of her 'til the third photo! That last photo of Mary reminds me of a photo we have of YOU somewhere...probably about the same age. It looks like everyone had fun. That's so funny that Rebekah actually had her PRACTICE blowing out candles!!! :)
Timothy's head gear...
My first thought was..."cock-y"
:)
Hey Jackie and Kimberlee,
Wow! Has that little girl grown!?! And oh so cute. At certain angles she looks like Rebekah with dark coloring. And does anyone remember the coneheads on Saturday Night Live. Timothy looks like one of their cousins. :) Love on all of them for me.
Cader just got his 3rd term report card and he has 4 A's and 2 B's. He's so impressed that he drops it on the floor and runs outside to play. The wind is blowing like crazy so he's finding anything that will flap in the wind. Sweet to watch.
Have you heard from April? Her website is so professional looking. (I'm sure that was the aim, but it's cool when things work out the way you want them to.) www.nhrcd.org Gayla's daughter just finished her masters and was certified by UNT. She is specializing in working with Aspergers children. She called April tonight after seeing her website. She is part of an organization that volunteers to help others in whatever way is needed pertaining to autism. I thought that was neat.
Got to go. Nice visiting with you both. Love, From your Southern Kin.
Just noticed the time on my comment I just left. I puts date and time. The time is your time in Alaska. That's funny.
Yeah, you can set it on any time, but it usually goes with the Blog Author's time...in this case that would be Jackie. :)
I saw a clock widget the other day that showed the time in several different zones at once. That would be a cool thing to add...have one for Ho Chi Minh City, LA/TX, and Alaska. I'll see what I can find. :)
Jackie,
I did a search for World Clock widgets and these were two of the top results. I don't have time to check them out now...
Maybe we can check them out or talk about it later. We could also post weather for each location by using Weather Underground's little stickers.
http://wunderground.com
Two World Clock Widget sites...
http://widgets.yahoo.com/widgets/world-clock-pro
http://www.google.com/ig/adde?moduleurl=www.matt.org/modules/DashboardClockWorld.xml&source=wcha&ct=1056755011
Post a Comment